Unified Communications (UC) – What does this mean to my business?
Unified communications is a system where all forms of information sharing, whether it be through phone, email, video conferencing or instant message, are available under one, unified device. In order to streamline communications between and among remote workers and clients, having a Unified Communications system is absolutely critical.
Today, many organizations are struggling to enable complete and seamless collaboration across various voice and data systems, platforms and devices.
Unified Communications solutions can reduce overlapping work, equipment and software costs, increase innovation and dramatically improve customer service levels.
Unified Communication solutions incorporates all forms of business communications, including:
- Analog telephones
- Digital telephones (VoIP and VPN telephones)
- Instant messaging (SMS)
- Instant chat
- Cell phones
- Computers and Laptops
- Tablets (iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Amazon Fire, others)
- Audio, web and video conferencing/meetings
- Integrated messaging (voicemail, fax, email, and SMS – text messaging)
If you are considering a Unified Communications system, there are many distinct benefits and advantages over older, legacy PBX phone systems.
Benefits of Unified Communications Systems include:
- Increase mobile workforce productivity. Employees have access to all of their communication tools (email, calendars, telephony, real time communications and corporate directory) in a single interface (from their desktop phone, smartphone, tablet or other device).
- Reduce travel costs. Instead of sending employees to onsite meetings, companies utilize audio, web or video conferencing abilities.
- Reduce cost through converged networks and simplified IT management of equipment and software.
- Communication infrastructure cost savings through reducing and streamlining the number of components (phone systems, voicemail, email, calendaring, conferencing, etc.) into one, Unified Communications system.
- Increase customer service levels and retention. Faster problem resolution and immediate dialogue with customers dramatically improves customer service levels.
- Improve real-time collaboration between dispersed teams.
- Faster decision making. All of the data that employees and organizations need is available through any access point and users can communicate with others inside and outside their company quickly and easily.
- Reduce infrastructure and employee costs. The number of people who must come into an office is greatly reduced. This allows companies to rent less office space, resulting in lowering their cost of rent, taxes, power and other related overhead costs.
- Lower monthly cell phone bills through cell phone and long distance reduction and avoidance.
We are proud to be authorized dealers for ShoreTel, Samsung and Avaya, three of the leading Unified Communications telephone system solution providers in the industry.
To learn more about our Unified Commutations telephone system solutions, please call us today at (317) 805-1090.
We service Indianapolis and all of Indiana.